Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pan Fried Tofu

Yum
This is my favorite way to make tofu. I seriously eat it like finger food and have to be careful that I don't eat a whole block of tofu on my own without even noticing. I have tried so many ways to make tofu and have finally settled on this as my standby recipe.

Pan Fried Tofu

Ingredients:

1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed between two plates
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce

Directions:

Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil and let it heat up. Dice the tofu into bite sized pieces and add them to the pan. It may splatter due to the moisture in the tofu so be prepared. I like to put a pan lid directly on the tofu to press it into the pan. Then stir occasionally, but not too much because you want the sides to brown.

Once the tofu has started to brown on at least two sides, add the soy sauce to the pan and stir to distribute. Let it fry for a few minutes more to brown on all sides and then serve. I have added this to pho soup, salads, in sandwiches, etc. On the evening pictured, I put it over steamed brown rice with stir-fried veggies, toasted sesame seeds and bottled teriyaki sauce. It was very satisfying and delicious.

For 8 servings. Nutritional information from caloriecount.about.com.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 53 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
51
Calories from Fat
34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
3.8g
6%
Saturated Fat
0.7g
3%
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
119mg
5%
Potassium
78mg
2%
Total Carbohydrates
1.0g
0%
Protein
4.2g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 10%Iron 5%
Nutrition Grade B
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment