Friday, January 19, 2024

Oceanic Chia Pudding

Yum


Oceanic Chia Pudding

I like this for dessert, a snack, or occasionally breakfast. It is a little reminiscent of tapioca pudding and can satisfy a sweet craving while providing protein, fiber, and antioxidants. I like that it feels a bit indulgent but is made with simple and healthy ingredients. This article from Harvard dives into the health benefits a bit more and highlights the healthy fats and omegas found in chia seeds.  Plus it is easy to make! I just mix it up in a glass jar, stir, and let it sit overnight. 

I have tried several chia pudding recipes and like them all especially chocolate, chai, or plain vanilla, but this is the version I make the most. The color is so beautiful (in the photo I did half blue algae and half spirulina) and though it comes from the ocean it doesn't taste like it, it just adds a mild background flavor that elevates the vanilla but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups plant milk
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
6 tbsp chia seeds

Directions:

Put it all into a jar and mix or shake to combine. If you mix with a spoon, just know the spirulina and the algae take a while to incorporate, they like to float on top. It helps to add the chia and the spirulina and then add the milk a little at a time to stir it in. Also, I like to leave it overnight or a few hours before eating so the chia seeds can absorb the milk and the flavors. Mix it again or shake the jar occasionally so the chia seeds don't clump together. For me, I make this in the evening and then stick it in the fridge. Right before bed I go and shake or stir it again and then once more in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment