Thursday, July 31, 2014

Overnight Refrigerator Oats

Yum
About a year ago I came across cold oatmeal from Oh She Glows. Her recipe for easy vegan overnight oats was the start of a love affair between me and cold oatmeal. I love this oatmeal in the mornings before work in the warm summer months. It is so easy and so satisfying that you really can't go wrong.

This is my very basic recipe for, what is for me, the perfect cold oatmeal. This is the template that can become a backdrop for other flavors. Experiment with cocoa, nut-butters, fresh fruit, and chai to change it up. Or just google refrigerator oatmeal and be amazed; at least I was amazed, as I had never had this breakfast treat before.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup nondairy milk of your choice
1 tsp chia seeds
2 tsp agave nectar
Dash of cinnamon

Directions:

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let it chill overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment