Friday, November 28, 2014

Apple Ginger Juice

Yum
It is the morning after Thanksgiving and I woke up wanting something nourishing for breakfast. I am all about enjoying my vegan feast on Thanksgiving, but can't sustain a food free-for-all for long. Frankly, eating rich foods (even vegan ones) leaves me feeling like crap.

This morning I made one of my favorite juices and decided I should share the love and post it. This recipe is full of vitamin A, fiber, and raw plant goodness. Alongside homemade vegan bran muffins, and a few nuts, it was the perfect start to my day that left me feeling energized and great.

Apple Ginger Juice
Ingredients:

1 apple; washed, cored and sliced
1 large carrot, washed and peeled if it is not organic
1" slice of ginger
1 large beet, washed, sliced and peeled if not organic

Directions:

Run all the ingredients through a juicer and enjoy.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 400 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
145
Calories from Fat 
4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
0.4g
1%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
87mg
4%
Potassium 
563mg
16%
Total Carbohydrates 
36.8g
12%
Dietary Fiber 
7.0g
28%
Sugars 
26.5g
Protein 
1.9g
Vitamin A 206%Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 4%Iron 5%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment