Monday, August 3, 2015

Honeydew Melon and Mint Salad

Yum
Forever ago, I brought a fruit salad to my Mom's for a potluck. The recipe called for fresh mint with the fruit, and that is all I can remember. My Mom still asks about it, so I decided to try and recreate the flavor that she is apparently still craving :-)

I had a wonderfully ripe and sweet honeydew as well as some fresh mint growing in my backyard so I put the two together and it made a very nice pairing.

Honeydew Melon and Mint Salad


Ingredients:

1 honeydew melon
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp agave nectar

Directions:

Prep the honeydew. Start by washing it and then cutting the ends off. Next, cut it in half and scoop the seeds out of the inside. Then place it on the cutting board with the largest part face down and run your knife along the edge from top to bottom to take off the peel.

Finally, slice it into bite sized pieces.

Place the bite sized honeydew pieces in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients then toss to combine. Chill the salad and enjoy.

For 6 servings. Nutritional information from caloriecount.about.com.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 223 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
82
Calories from Fat 
3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
0.3g
0%
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
39mg
2%
Potassium 
499mg
14%
Total Carbohydrates 
21.0g
7%
Dietary Fiber 
1.8g
7%
Sugars 
18.3g
Protein 
1.2g
Vitamin A 3%Vitamin C 68%
Calcium 2%Iron 3%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment