Friday, October 12, 2018

Chocolate Chia Pudding

Yum

Having fallen in love with golden milk chia pudding last year, I can't believe I was this slow in trying chocolate chia pudding. Now that I have tried it, I am in love with this version, too. Some folks blend their pudding ingredients, but I like the consistency of the chia seeds as they remind me a bit of tapioca pudding. So I just mix mine up and keep in the fridge for a really good snack, addition to breakfast, or a dessert when you want something a little sweet.

Chocolate Chia Pudding

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups soy milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup

3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup chia seeds
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon (optional)

Directions:

Pour the wet ingredients (soy milk, vanilla, and maple syrup) into a container big enough to hold 3 cups.

Add the cocoa powder, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon and whisk vigorously to completely combine. Let it sit in the refrigerator to set (takes a few hours). Check the pudding a couple of times while it is setting up to give it another stir and then once it has thickened, enjoy!

If you use a large mason jar, you can shake it instead of stirring.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. thank you...breakfast is always the hardest meal for me to come up with ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I agree breakfast can be a challenge for me too, plus I need them to be portable as I eat breakfast at work. I am always looking for inspiration for recipes :-)

      Delete