Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Copycat Bailey's Irish Cream

Yum
I used to love Bailey's Irish Cream around the holidays - and never dreamed I could recreate this in a vegan version - but recently stumbled upon some genius vegan versions. This one had the spices figured out, which is the main secret! I have made this a few times now and am thrilled with the results. I made only a few changes to make the recipe easier and to suit my taste memory of the classic drink.

Copycat Bailey's Irish Cream


Ingredients:

1/2  cup strong coffee
scant 1/8 cup maple syrup
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cocoa powder

1 can full fat coconut milk

Spice sachet w/
1 piech of ginger about a tsp worth
3 cardamom pods
1/4 stick of cinnamon
1 star anise

1/2 cup Jamison Irish Whisky
Soy Milk

Directions:

Brew some coffee or use some leftover from your morning (that's what I did!). Put the coffee, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder and coconut milk in a saucepan. Add the spice sachet (I used a tea ball) and bring to a rolling boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Cool and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. To serve, put some ice in a glass and fill 3/4 with soy milk, 1/4 with the Bailey's mixture and add a splash of whisky if you would like.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment