Friday, June 22, 2018

Zucchini Noodles with (Mostly) Raw Creamy Alfredo Sauce

Yum

This turned out so much better than I expected. I ate two huge bowls and was very happy. Surprisingly a big pile of zucchini noodles filled me up and kept me satisfied for the evening. I have had this a few times since I first tried it and can say it is now a part of my regular recipe rotation; I like it especially in summer when light foods are most appealing.

Zucchini Noodles with Raw Alfredo



Ingredients:

2 medium sized zucchini

1/2 ripe avocado
2 tbsp hemp seeds
3 tbsp tahini (you can buy this with toasted or raw sesame seeds)
2 tbsp Bragg liquid Aminos (could substitute soy sauce or coconut aminos)
1 clove garlic
1/4 of a large fresh tomato
1/4 cup water
2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast

Directions:

Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends (throw the ends in your blender with the other sauce ingredients). Spiralize the zucchini (you can also use a vegetable peeler to make long strips of zucchini if you don't have a spiralizer), and keep the core of the zucchini to add to the sauce mix as well. Sprinkle a little salt on the zucchini and set aside while you make the sauce.

Blend the sauce ingredients until smooth. This includes the ends and middle of the zucchinis, avocado, hemp seeds, tahini, bragg, garlic, tomato, water and nutritional yeast. Pour the sauce over the zucchini and add some cracked pepper and extra hemp seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment