Monday, January 11, 2016

Green Juice with a Vitamix

Yum
Green juice is just the thing when I want a quick shot of goodness.

Green Juice with a Vitamin

I am lucky enough to have inherited a Vitamix from my Grandmother. I love that thing. It really is as amazing as it sounds. I make smoothies, sauces, dips, soups and now green juice. I do not, however, have a juicer so I improvised. I blended all the ingredients and then strained out the pulp to get the juice.

Ingredients:
1 cucumber, peeled
1 stalk of celery
2 carrots, peeled
1 green apple, cored
1/2 lemon with peel and pith removed
1/2 cup watermelon juice (I had this leftover from cutting a watermelon - any juice would work)
1 bunch of kale

Directions:
I started with the juice on the bottom of the blender and slowly added the remaining ingredients. Finally, I added the kale and blended until it was all incorporated.

Then I strained it in batches through a mesh sieve while using a spatula to press all the juice out.



This made 28 oz of green juice that I put in the fridge to drink over the next couple of days.

Calorie count would not analyze this for me, but according to what was in it I think it is about 100 calories per serving with four servings.

Finally, just because... I put the pulp on my face for a mask.... I figured why not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment