Friday, October 16, 2015

Fresh Turmeric, Apple, and Carrot Juice

Yum
At our house, I do the cooking and make the grocery lists and my husband goes and picks up the groceries. This keeps our bill lower than if I was to go along. I love the grocery store, as everything looks fun to try, and I often overbuy as a result.

My husband knows me well though, so every now and then he brings me some random interesting ingredient to try. Most recently he brought me some fresh turmeric. I had never seen or heard of it, so I went straight to google to see what to do with it. Turns out, you can do quite a bit with it, but I decided to juice it. It is related to ginger and is known for it's medicinal properties such as an anti-inflammatory and a detox aide. I found I really liked the flavor and ended up with a new favorite juice.

Fresh Turmeric, Apple, Carrot Juice


Fresh Turmeric
Juice Ingredients:

3 carrots
1 apple
3 leaves of kale
1 inch piece fresh ginger
1 inch piece fresh turmeric
1/2 fresh lemon, peeled

Directions:

Run all the ingredients through a juicer and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment