Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Savory Baked Tofu

Yum
I have grown to absolutely love tofu, and often bake a block of it over the weekend and then snack on it or add it to meals during the week.

This is one of the seasoning combinations that I enjoy.

Savory Baked Tofu


Ingredients:

14 oz block extra firm tofu

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash of cumin

Directions:

Press the block of tofu between two plates with a can of beans on top.

Combine all the marinade ingredients and whisk them to completely incorporate.

Slice the tofu into strips, cubes, or triangles depending on how you want to use them later. Strips are good for sandwiches, cubes are good for adding to a bowl or rice or veggies, triangles are just fun to snack on.

Put the tofu in a bag or dish and pour the marinade over it. Refrigerate and let the tofu soak for at least 30 minutes, or until you are ready to use it.

Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Remove the tofu from the marinade and place it on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spry. Bake for 30 minutes, turning it over half way.


2 comments:

  1. Nice recipe Ader Ann. I love tofu too. Your post reminds me about one I did a few weeks ago. Here's the link: http://obloggernewbie.blogspot.com/2015/09/tofu-magic-how-to-make-tasty-tofu.html. Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Nancy A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, I am glad this caught your eye. I have grown to really love tofu, and your recipe looks really good as well...I love using Bragg and I imagine it adds a deep savory flavor. Take care and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete