Monday, April 20, 2015

Collard Wraps

Yum
I am reading a book right now, and when the main character mentioned eating a collard wrap, I had to drop everything and google this genius idea! By the next day I was trying these out.....so amazing! I decided to make these veggie wraps with my favorite baked tofu and a tahini spread. The recipe for the tofu is one I got a long time ago from Allrecipes. I come back to this recipe over and over again. The recipe for the tahini sauce is from Bonzai Aphrodite, and is another genius favorite combo of flavors. So basically, I took the collard wrap idea from a book and put it together with other genius ideas to come up with this new favorite.

Collard Wraps


Tofu Ingredients (from Allrecipes):

1 14 oz block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp vinegar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp liquid smoke

Tofu Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Slice the tofu into thin strips and marinate in all the other ingredients. Bake the tofu in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, turn it over and bake for another 15 minutes.

Tahini Spread Ingredients (from Bonzai Aphrodite)

1 cup tahini
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 cup of water

Tahini Spread Directions:

Put everything in a blender or food processor and let it go until it is all incorporated.

Collard Wrap Ingredients:

10 large collard leaves
Raw veggies cut into strips. I used carrot, cucumber, and bell pepper.
Baked tofu
Tahini spread

Collard Wrap Directions:

Take the collard leaves and shave down the stems so they are almost flush with the leaves. This makes them more pliable. Boil salted water and blanch the leaves in the water for 30 seconds. Remove, drain, and pat them dry.

Line the leaves with a few strips of tofu and veggies. Then add a dollop of sauce and roll it up. I tried to tuck the edges in like you would with a burrito. You can also dip them in the sauce if you would rather. I like the sauce in it, but it is a bit messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment